Saturday, March 16, 2013

Seashells Down by the Seashore

Collecting Shells
I've been collecting seashells for many years, and my collection keeps getting bigger and bigger. I found that a wonderful way to display them is through photographs. Here, you can see the different techniques I have applied to various shells. The possibilities are endless.

The images on this page are part of my Seashell Photo Gallery.

Click on any image and it will bring you to the website.
All the Colors of the Sea
I love all the colors and textures in  the image"All the Colors of the Sea." This collection of shells is from Sanibel Island. It features a wonderful starfish, bay scallop, rough pen shell, and small knobbed whelk. This piece was given a painterly quality to enhance nature's beauty!


Spider Conch Shell in Black and White

Sand Dollar

The legend of the sand dollar is sometimes said to represent coins lost by mermaids or the people of Atlantis!  In subtle hues of blue and gray, my "Sand Dollar" is displayed on found driftwood with flecks of sand scattered about.

No comments:

Post a Comment